Thursday 25 September 2008

stenciing with jim cereal-session 2 nat xx

In this session, I spray painted my stencil that I created last time.
It was made up of 6 individual layers, using different colors.
At first Jim showed me what to do and then each cut out was added on top and then sprayed with color to get the outline of me and the dice.
The dice has theatre faces on it to capture the emotions of being homeless.
I decided not to use words on my canvas because I think it is effective enough and I feel that looking at my work from a distance you can capture the image and have a feel for what it is trying to say.
When people look at my canvas I don't want them to feel sorry for people that are homeless because some of us are actually stronger now than when we had the "perfect family life" but I do want them to feel remorse for taking certain things for granted.
I also want people to feel that in some ways life is a gamble,when referring to the dice because throwing the dice,it can either go the good way or the wrong way.
I have enjoyed today as I now have a real feel that I am been listened to as an individual and to see my work come together with the help of people like Jim, Cj and Kev has inspired me to approach with a stronger point of view.










No comments: